Our Board of Directors
Braden T. Lusk
Vice President, Administration
Janeen T. Smith
J. Smith & Associates, LLC
Vice President, Technical
John T. Watson
Kristen N. Kolden
Alaska Seismic & Environmental
Douglas O. Hoy
Sayre Associates Inc
Alastair C. Torrance
New South Wales, Australia
Thomas Palangio, Jr.
Steven B. Shivak
Goal: To recommend a recipient for an Annual Award of Merit and other awards and to function as a mechanism for administration of these awards, which it believes promote the objectives of the society.
Blasters’ Training and Education Committee
Goal: To promote training for the benefit of members and others who apply scientific principals and techniques as they pertain to the use, handling, manufacture, transportation and storage of explosives.
Conference Advisory Committee
Goal: An ad hoc committee developed to serve as a liaison for members to discuss suggestions for changes to the annual conference related to the non-technical activities and make recommendations to the executive director and the board of directors.
Conference Program Committee
Goal: To plan and organize the program of technical presentations at the annual conference.
Goal: To monitor and propose changes to the organization’s key governance documents.
Goal: To be a sounding board for ethics concerns from members and to implement a monitoring system to handle inquires.
Explosives Security; Government Affairs and Transportation;
Technical, Safety, and Environment Committee
Goal: To review standards and regulations regarding the security of explosives in the industry.
Goal: Finance Committee Goal: It shall be the responsibility of the Finance Committee to establish specific goals in relation to the long-term financial planning of the Society and to allocate funds for shorter-term specific projects.
Foundation Scholarship Committee
Goal: To support the education goals of the SEE Education Foundation. Scholarships are awarded to applicants who meet the following: Currently pursuing technical undergraduate, graduate or doctorate degrees in fields of education related to the commercial explosives industry; Must have completed at least one year of an accredited post secondary program; Able to demonstrate financial need.
Goal: To implement the promotion of international relations and affiliations with organizations in the explosives field and related industries.
ISEE Standards Committee
Goal: To develop and maintain standards consistent with the policies established by the board of directors.
Chapter and Membership Support Committee
Goal: To promote membership in the society and make recommendations in the interest of members and ISEE.
Goal: To monitor and recruit candidates for the board of directors with a focus on strategic planning and resource needs for the governance of the organization.
Goal: To consider the long-range objectives for the society to determine the effectiveness with which the organization’s objectives are being met.
Public Education and Public Relations Committee
Goal: To make recommendations regarding society activities that focus on raising public awareness, understanding and appreciation of the explosives industry.
Goal: To review and recommend to the board of directors the policy to be established respecting the technical content of the official publication of the society (Journal of Explosives Engineering).
- To conduct a meeting at the ISEE annual meeting; to form work groups within the section to examine drilling issues.
- To develop standards for drilling practices.
- To exchange information about drilling through the Journal of Explosives Engineering and the ISEE website.
- To submit papers on drilling safety, controls accuracy and new technologies for a drilling session at the annual conference.
- To conduct a meeting at the ISEE annual meeting.
- To form work groups within the section to examine seismograph issues.
- To develop standards for seismograph use.
- To exchange information about the blast vibration field through the Journal of Explosives Engineering and the ISEE website.
- To establish standards for seismograph equipment calibrations, standard protocol for testing and performance and user guidelines.
- To organize the International Symposium on Rock Fragmentation by Blasting
- To develop and produce the Blasting & Fragmentation Journal with papers focusing primarily in the area of fragmentation by blasting from scientists and engineers from around the world.
Emerging Professionals Section
- Grow new industry professionals’ involvement in the society by engaging, retaining, and mentoring new members through providing professional networking opportunities and guidance.