Learn what makes a great blast design and hear about the latest safety techniques and technology from the best in the business. The Blasters Training Seminar is included in the Blasters Weekend Package. It's also offered as a separate sign up for those who can't make the full Blasters Weekend.
This popular and highly regarded one day seminar will take place on Saturday, Jan. 31. It was designed and presented for blasters by the best in the business to help plan and execute efficient blast designs, hear updates on regulations and safety and more. The seminar is included as part of the Blasters Weekend Package or sign up separately. The topics and speakers include:
- Introduction, Larry Mirabelli, Blasters Training Committee Chairman
- Critical Communications – Blast Design Layout Through Detonation, Scott Scovira
- Critical Rules for Safe and Effective Drilling, Dave Bijolle
- Critical Rules for Bulk Explosives, Dennis Schulz
- Initiation Systems – Safety, Accuracy and the Importance of Proper Timing, William Reisz
- Blast Movements Fundamentals, Will Hunt
- Choosing the Right Delay Timing for Surface Blasting Applications to Optimize Blasting Results, Frank Chiappetta
- Pushing the Split Around the Bend – Highwall Control!, Simon Tose
- Blasting Misfires – Common Causes, Prevention and Safe Handling, Larry Mirabelli
Blasters training registration fee includes lunch, coffee breaks and course materials. The seminar runs from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Registration opens Friday from 3-5 p.m. and Saturday morning starting at 7 a.m. A certificate of attendance will be issued. The states of Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wyoming have accepted retraining credit hours in the past. Check with your state officials for more information.
Visit the 41st Annual Conference on Explosives and Blasting Technique page to sign up today.