Get ready for the 42nd Annual Conference on Explosives and Blasting Technique by downloading the official mobile app to help you maximize your time at the event. Download the ISEE 2016 mobile app today to view the complete schedule and add your favorite exhibitors and sessions to the personalized planner for convenient on-the-go access before and during the conference.
The ISEE is committed to keeping standards current with the best available technology and procedures. Therefore, existing standards are periodically reviewed and modified. The current standard under review is the “Performance Standards for Blasting Seismographs — 2011 Edition,” which can be downloaded below for editing.
Executive Director, ISEE
30325 Bainbridge Road
Cleveland, OH 44139 USA
Proposed modifications to the standard will be accepted until Feb. 29, 2016. Please include the following information with your proposal:
1. Name, company/organization, address and telephone number.
2. Proposal recommendation; new text, revised text, and/or deleted text.
3. Proposal, include proposed new or revised wording or identification of wording to be deleted.
4. State the problem and substantiate the proposal (State the problem that will be resolved by your recommendations; give the specific reasons for your proposal including topics of testing, research papers, etc.)
5. Provide reference material
Good news for those who haven't yet registered for the 42nd Annual Conference on Explosives & Blasting Technique. On-time registration deadline has been extended to Friday, Jan. 8. See all the conference details, and register online by clicking here.
Book your Hotel Reservation Today
Click here to reserve your Paris Las Vegas Hotel sleeping room online. Or call Paris Las Vegas Hotel directly at 1-877-603-4389. Please be sure to mention ISEE to receive the discounted rate.Guests booking rooms will also be able to take advantage of special 50% off in-room Internet fees. The hotel cutoff date has been extended and will continue to reserve rooms based on limited availability. Reserve yours today!
Three Great Reasons to Attend:
1. Blasters Training Seminar - Saturday, Jan. 30
2. Blasters Weekend Package - Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 30 - 31
3. Full Conference Registration - Sunday - Wednesday, Jan. 31 - Feb. 3
• Young Leaders Social - Sunday, Jan. 31, 3 - 4 p.m.
• SEE Education Foundation Silent Auction Finale - Monday, Feb. 1, 4:30 p.m.
• Annual Awards Banquet - Tuesday, Feb. 2, featuring an exciting performance by Bella Electric Strings (ticket required)
23rd Annual Photo Contest
The deadline to submit photos to the 23rd Annual Photo Contest is quickly approaching. The contest has categories for blasters and drillers at work; construction blasting; quarrying and mining; demolition blasting; and specialty blasting. All submissions will be judged on composition, content and quality.
The deadline for submissions is Thursday, Dec. 31. Get yours in before the deadline for a chance to win a $500 gift certificate to the ISEE Bookstore.
The winner will be announced during our 42nd Annual Conference on Explosives and Blasting Technique held Jan. 31 to Feb. 3, 2016, in Las Vegas, Nevada. So what are you waiting for? Download an entry form today.
Blasters R Us Video Round Up
We’re now also accepting submissions for the Blasters R Us Video Round Up. A highlight of the conference, this is your chance to witness what other blasters are doing across the country and see your blasting video on the big screen—popcorn included. Don’t miss out. document Download a submission form (13 KB) , and upload your 5 to 7 minute video today.
Launched in 1975, the Annual Conference on Explosives and Blasting Technique is the world’s largest forum for commercial explosives and blasting technology, presenting the latest developments and bringing together researchers, educators, field blasters and manufacturers. The conference will be held Jan. 31 – Feb. 3, 2016, in Las Vegas, Nevada.