The ISEE Conference Program Committee is issuing an industry-wide Call for Papers to be presented at the 48th Annual Conference and published in the Conference Proceedings. Here’s your chance to share your techniques, strategies, solutions, product innovations, and research discoveries with your peers. This will not be a blind process this year.
Ideas should be submitted in the form of a 200-400 word abstract (summary) highlighting the major points of your 8-10 page paper. Papers may not be commercial in nature. It should be written so that it makes sense standing on its own and should cover the work done, recommendations made, conclusions drawn as a result of the project, case or study.
Abstracts must be submitted using this submission site by May 28, 2021. There will be no extensions. Student and Chapter-sponsored abstracts must be submitted by the deadline.
- Blasting Safety and Explosives Security
- Risk Assessment/Legal
- Environmental Improvement
- Close Proximity Blasting
- Drill to Mill Optimization
- Demolition Blasting
- Quarry Blasting
- Underwater Blasting
- Digital Imaging and Analysis
- Underground Blasting
- Blast Vibration and Seismology
- Electronic Detonators
- Cast Blasting and Open Pit
- Explosives for Oil Extraction
- Construction Blasting
- Blast Design
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
- Public and Media Relations
- Blasting and Explosives Research
- Driller/Blaster Communication
- Fragmentation Modeling/Measurement
- Basic Drilling Practices
- Case Histories: Problems and Solutions
Peer Review Process
Abstracts are considered by a committee of explosives industry professionals. This is not a blind review. The Committee will determine the paper’s relevance and substance based on the following criteria:
- Purpose and reason for work
- Quality and quantity of data
- Experimental procedures
- Application to industry
- Conclusions based on data presented
Selection and Acceptance
Abstracts will be used only for tentative selection. Final selection and acceptance are based on the completed paper submitted on time.
You will receive a paper template to use for paper submission when you are notified of your abstract acceptance via email. That template must be used to submit your paper. Detailed instructions regarding paper format and presentation requirements will be posted on the submission site after you receive the notification of abstract acceptance.
The Program Committee will assign each paper to a session upon acceptance of the completed paper. The paper will be assigned to a Technical Session or Blasters Forum Poster Session. Some authors will have the option to present in both. (Space is limited.)
Papers must be submitted and presented in English, the official language of the Conference.
Notification of acceptance or rejection of abstracts will be sent by July 1 2021.
- May 28, 2021: Last day for submission of abstract-- NO DEADLINE EXTENSIONS
- July 1, 2021: Notification of abstract acceptance
- September 3, 2021: Last day for submission of completed paper -- NO DEADLINE EXTENSIONS
- November 15, 2021: Notification of final paper acceptance
- December 10, 2021: Conference registration deadline for authors